We were trying to deploy our application on different servers, where we are having IIS 7 and OS windows 2008. Our application uses Native ssrs reports, where we really do not need to setup the SSRS server. But we definately need to have the required Reportviewer dlls and configuration setting.
We ran into few issues whenever we were trying to step the server, so I thought to write down these steps so that it would be helpful for me and to others as well
I have followed following steps:
1) we need to make sure we copy Reportviewer dlls to our project folder or to the windows assembly folder.
Add following entry in the Web.config file.
2) Even after adding these values and dll things will not work you need to add one more setting in the web.config file. in the add following entry
This same entry should appear in the IIS7 Handler Module, if it does not appear then go to IIS7 and click on the HttpHandler module.
1. Click on “Add Management Handler”
2. Enter Request Path as Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd
3. Type as : Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler,
4. Name: you can pass anyname but to make it consistent I have used “Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd”
Now restart the IIS and it should be working.